Seeking a Turning Machine Operator in Waseca, MN. The Turning Machine Operator operates machining centers to produce parts to customer specifications and expectations.
- Operate machines and perform assembly and miscellaneous operations per operator instructions sheets and foreman instructions.
- Maintains overall quality of parts by maintaining correct dimensions, free of burrs, cleaned and packaged as required for each individual operation performed.
- Recognizes out of control conditions. Takes action and records corrective action. Informs foreman/set up person of any machine and/or part problem.
- Informs foreman/set up person in advance of job completion.
- Makes sure each container of parts has proper material identification tags and material is moved to the next department.
- Measures and records inspection/process control data per operator inspection instructions.
- Knowledgeable of planned parts per hour. Works with foreman/set up person to achieve optimum rate.
- Moves non-conformance material to the non-conformance area and identifies material with a completed “Non-Conformance tag”.
- Records daily direct and indirect labor, count, and scrap. At the end of the shift, record and dispose of any known scrap material.
- Forward all inspection/process control sheets to the Quality Service department at the end of the job.
- Performs daily planned preventative machine maintenance and assists with overall machine maintenance as required.
- Performs daily house cleaning activities to include keeping the work area clean and clear of unusable material. Returns tooling to proper storage area at completion of the job.
- Consistently shows up for work at assigned times as needed to complete tasks assigned.
- Effectively communicates verbally or in writing as required with the next shift to pass on relevant information to maintain optimum quality and process capacity.
- Other duties and special projects as may be assigned.
- Required: High school diploma or GED
- Desired: 2 year Technical degree on machining or related field
- Required: 1 year
- Desired: 2+ years
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Self-starter able to work with minimal direction
- Willingly accepts job challenges
- High Mechanical aptitude, Initiative, and creativity are a must.
- Strong mechanical skills.
- Experience in operating on onsite equipment
- Manual and/or CNC Metal cutting machines
- Measurement tools
- Hand tools
- Hoists/Lifting equipment
- Ability to adjust to changes in the work environment.
- Ability to understand drawing requirements.
- Ability to understand measurement techniques.
- Able to stand for extended periods with frequent bending and stooping.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs on a repetitive basis.
- General Machine Shop Floor Conditions
- May have contact with coolants and vapors
- Temperature fluctuations based on season changes
- Grade3-Limited experience/ability in the area. Usually an entry level into an assigned area.
- Grade 4-Moderate experience/ability in the area. Exhibits performance well above minimum levels.
- Grade 5-Requires high skills, ability and performance in designated areas.
- If offered this position, a 90-day assessment period would be effective from the work start date.
- 90 days after the work start date evaluation is made for full-time employment.
- If given full-time status, employees are eligible for company benefits as described in the Employee Handbook.