Seeking a contract-to-hire Welder for our client in Chicago, IL. Our client is a supplier of equipment, parts, and service to its customer base of commercial laundry finishing systems that service the healthcare, construction, and hospitality industries.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform ordinary welding following standard welding methods and procedures.
- Working with MIG welding on carbon-mild steel
- Handling of piece parts ranging from 18 gage to ½”
- Layout of piece parts from prints, drawings, and verbal instructions is also required.
- Setting up fixtures to complete a variety of welding assignments.
- Using appropriate welding gases to produce quality welds.
- Using simple measuring equipment such as squares and tape measures.
- Experienced with MIG welding
- Knowledge of shop math, welding applications, and practices.
- Ability to read blueprints and follow specific written instructions and procedures.
- Ability to understand measuring equipment such as micrometers and dial calipers.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and plan daily work assignments in a self-directed changing environment.
- Schedule: First Shift (7 AM start time)
- Location: Chicago (Near Logan Square)
- Duration: Contract-to-Hire